Monday, January 19, 2009

Gooey Carrot Cake?

I declare a new concept: 






GoOEy CaRRoT cAkE









Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup oatmeal
Squirt of honey to taste

Blend:

2 carrots
1 orange 
1/4 cup soymilk
Dallop of honey

Preparations:
  • Coat a 9 inch pan with sesame oil
  • Mix the dry ingredients together
  • In a blender, blend the carrots, orange, soymilk, and honey together
  • Pour the juice into the dry mix
  • Add additional honey for sweetness
  • Bake for about 25 min at 350 degrees
Verdict?

The texture was really sticky and gooey probably because steaming caused the batter to become more moist rather than drying it out like in baking.

After trying a thin slice, I feared the stickiness meant the cake was undone and I stuck it in the oven...
    ...only to find after 15 mins of baking that the top had harden but the inside was still gooey--           drier but gummy-like. That's a sure sign that my batter was probably too wet. Next time I'll alter the recipe to either cut back on the juice or add more flour.

Now what is a person supposed to do with GoOEY CaRrOT CAKe?
Add it to OATMEAL of course! 

I don't know about other people but I love almost any food that's thick, creamy, chewy or gooey so although this cake didn't fluff up really nicely, it reminds me of Chinese glutinous rice cakes with that nice chewiness of the oatmeal.

The creaminess of my morning oatmeal would contrast greatly with the gumminess of the cake. I can't wait to try it tomorrow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment