Thursday, July 16, 2009

Well, We're Just All Over the Place Today, Aren't We?

See? I've been getting better at this updating thing, no?

I woke up this morning hungry. Scratch that. I ALWAYS wake up hungry.

One time, I stuffed myself with all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ STILL woke up hungry the next day. However, don't worry, my herbivore friends, I will never do that again because I'm in the process of slowly transitioning into a vegetarian diet. I must admit that I will probably never be 100% vegetarian because my omnivore family, particularly my mother (I love you mom!), doesn't believe that I can be nourished just eating plants, nuts, and seeds (awww..but ma!).


Nevertheless, since my transition, I find that my digestion is better and I don't constantly feel HEAVY. I hate that feeling. Every time after I eat meat, even in moderation, I feel as if I'm lugging around 10 pounds of fertilizer in my stomach.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. Let's get back to breakfast.


So I'm scrounging around our fridge to see what I can mix up.
Side not: I LOVE combining ingredients. It's like learning about how to mix your primary colors to produce secondary colors. I feel such joy when I hit that right combination of flavors! It just makes food more enjoyable.

I see new cans of Yoplait Thick & Creamy Vanilla Yogurt. Their marketing strategies are just amazing. I love that golden lid complementing that soft yellow layout. Thumbs up!


I spin the can to the back to read the ingredients. "High fructose corn syrup." Hmmm..that's great. I put it back in the fridge.

I see some corn tortilla wraps. My mind whirls as it imagines all the things I can wrap in there to bring to work for lunch. I flip the package to read the ingredients on the back: "High fructose corn syrup." Okkkay, maybe I won't have this for lunch.

Please someone tell me if America really needs to be this deceptive. Food production companies telling its consumers that they use the "finest ingredients" when you can produce finer ingredients at home.

Yes, I can go to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's to buy my food but then my wallet would be empty all the time. Consequently, it shouldn't be a surprise that America is fighting obesity because most people can't even afford to buy good food or even trust the food market these days.

However, I'm glad that many food bloggers out there are showing to the world that we have SO many options to enjoy good food.

Let's continue to spread awareness about living a healthy lifestyle, whether it is with our food, friends, lovers, family, pets...whoever!

Cheers to happiness and food!



No comments:

Post a Comment