Friday, July 24, 2009

Breakout Outbreaks




Is it just me? Yes, when I'm frustrated with an issue, I like to be egocentric.

Here's my issue:


Every month, about 1 to 2 weeks before the Menstrual Cycle Fairy comes to pay me a visit, I breakout. It's not one or two cute little red babies planting themselves on my face but an invasion--a rash outbreak plus one to two humongous babies sitting oh so comfortably on me.

Here is what I don't understand:


I don't eat junkfood. I haven't eaten junkfood since prob
ably 8th grade. Therefore, it's not like I have toxins in my body and they are producing these munchkins every month.

I'm a clean freak when it comes to my face and hygiene.

I'm physically active. I run. I do yoga.

I drink lots of water. My KleanKanteen is being refilled at least 5 times a day.



I eat lots of veggies and fruits. As noted, I'm about 95% vegetarian. I LOVE fruits. I eat some kind of fruit after every meal.

Potential Causation:

I eat too much sweets, especially before my monthly cycle. I know craving sweets is one of the symptoms but my kind of sweets is mostly natural. I eat lots of fruits to replace my sugar cravings. Sometimes, I eat some homemade oatmeal cookies made with brown sugar or honey instead of white sugar.


Do these types of sweets also affect my hormonal balance?

I leave you with a cookie.




No comments:

Post a Comment